Golfing legends unveiled at Parliament buildings
Paintings of Northern Ireland’s Open Golf Champions by Belfast born Mark Robinson were unveiled at Parliament Buildings recently at a special reception hosted by the Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
The eight paintings of Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke, Graeme McDowell, and 1947 Open Championship winner Fred Daly are on display in the Great Hall of Parliament Buildings before touring other venues throughout Northern Ireland and worldwide.
Mark Robinson said: “Having my work displayed in such a wonderful setting is a great way to start the tour which will promote Northern Ireland as the ‘World Capital of Golf’.”
The exhibition will be on display in the Great Hall until 4 November 2011 so visitors and particularly young people have a chance to see the paintings over Half Term.
- Canada offers significant potential for Northern Ireland tourism – according to new research
- KIDS GO FREE WITH STENA LINE
- Down Royal Summer Festival of Racing
- Newtownards couple win trip of a lifetime to India in celebration of the Jaipur Literature Festival coming to Northern Ireland next week!
- Powering the Grand Opera House’s Most Ambitious Summer Youth Productions ever!