Golfing legends unveiled at Parliament buildings
Paintings of Northern Ireland’s Open Golf Champions by Belfast born Mark Robinson were unveiled at Parliament Buildings recently at a special reception hosted by the Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
The eight paintings of Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke, Graeme McDowell, and 1947 Open Championship winner Fred Daly are on display in the Great Hall of Parliament Buildings before touring other venues throughout Northern Ireland and worldwide.
Mark Robinson said: “Having my work displayed in such a wonderful setting is a great way to start the tour which will promote Northern Ireland as the ‘World Capital of Golf’.”
The exhibition will be on display in the Great Hall until 4 November 2011 so visitors and particularly young people have a chance to see the paintings over Half Term.
- Armagh City’s iconic Georgian Weekend celebrates its rich history and heritage from Thursday 25 November
- The Winning Spirit for Rademon Estate Distillery
- No.4 unlocks its doors to unveil stunning transformation
- Premiere of Ken Branagh’s critically acclaimed new film Belfast
- Thomas Spencer, John Rubery and The Class of ’76 Exhibition