Spotlight On Belfast And Northern Ireland In China
A delegation from Belfast – including the Lord Mayor Deirdre Hargey and officials from Visit Belfast – are visiting Shenyang, a city in China’s northeast Liaoning Province which is twinned with Belfast, this week.
They met local travel journalists and travel agents, at a showcase event organised by Tourism Ireland yesterday (13 September).
According to Tourism Ireland, we welcomed around 90,000 Chinese visitors to the island of Ireland in 2017, up +43% on 2016.
Tourism Ireland is rolling out a busy programme of promotions in China this autumn, to continue to raise awareness of Northern Ireland and to position us well for 2019.
Activity includes co-operative promotions with Hainan Airlines and Cathay Pacific to highlight ease of access to Ireland, as well as partnerships with key influencers and bloggers.
James Kenny, Tourism Ireland’s Manager China, said: “This week’s visit by the Belfast delegation is an excellent opportunity to highlight Belfast and Northern Ireland to influential travel professionals and journalists in Shenyang.
- Lisburn Cathedral Perform ‘Live Nativity’
- 1st Lisburn Boys’ Brigade Company Holds ‘Pop Up Christmas Market’
- Ballyhackamore Business Association Christmas Family Fun Day
- ‘Enchanted Winter Garden’ at Antrim Castle Gardens
- Hillsborough’s Local History, Arts And Cultural Society Host Reminiscence Evening