12 finalists announced for Invent 2019 competition
Twelve entrepreneurs have secured their place in the final of Invent 2019, an annual competition run by Catalyst and supported by Bank of Ireland UK, with the aim of discovering the product with the greatest commercial potential.
The 12 Finalists are:
Creative Media and Consumer Internet: PersonalCarer.co.uk and Handicaddie
Life & Health Science: Airbrio and G-Science
Electronics: STAND and Signal Optimiser
Engineering: WriteEasy and Concrete Jungle
Enterprise Software: Obbi Solutions and Equitas
Agri Science: CropSafe and P_Sense
For nine months, the Invent competition challenges and develops innovators, entrepreneurs, scientists and start-ups to develop their proof of concept idea in a bid to win a share of the £33,000 final prize fund.
The 12 winners of this stage will go forward to the Invent final and pitch to more than 700 investors, entrepreneurs, executives, students and researchers on Thursday 10 October 2019.
- Introducing Terrell Riley, Ulster Tatler’s new monthly Health and Fitness features writer
- Charles Hurst Land Rover ‘Discovers’ New Sporting Talent
- Belfast joins international family of peace and non-violence
- 25 years of National Lottery support for the Arts in NI to be celebrated at Culture Night
- Ladbrokes has been unveiled as the new sponsor of Down Royal’s November Festival of Racing in a three-year partnership.