12 finalists announced for Invent 2019 competition
Twelve entrepreneurs have secured their place in the final of Invent 2019, an annual competition run by Catalyst and supported by Bank of Ireland UK, with the aim of discovering the product with the greatest commercial potential.
The 12 Finalists are:
Creative Media and Consumer Internet: PersonalCarer.co.uk and Handicaddie
Life & Health Science: Airbrio and G-Science
Electronics: STAND and Signal Optimiser
Engineering: WriteEasy and Concrete Jungle
Enterprise Software: Obbi Solutions and Equitas
Agri Science: CropSafe and P_Sense
For nine months, the Invent competition challenges and develops innovators, entrepreneurs, scientists and start-ups to develop their proof of concept idea in a bid to win a share of the £33,000 final prize fund.
The 12 winners of this stage will go forward to the Invent final and pitch to more than 700 investors, entrepreneurs, executives, students and researchers on Thursday 10 October 2019.
- Canada offers significant potential for Northern Ireland tourism – according to new research
- KIDS GO FREE WITH STENA LINE
- Down Royal Summer Festival of Racing
- Newtownards couple win trip of a lifetime to India in celebration of the Jaipur Literature Festival coming to Northern Ireland next week!
- Powering the Grand Opera House’s Most Ambitious Summer Youth Productions ever!