Bassetts raise over £20K for Barnardo’s NI
Local children’s charity, Barnardo’s Northern Ireland has been gifted over £20,000 from leading NI plumbing merchant and bathroom specialists, Bassetts, who chose Barnardo’s NI as the company’s charity of the year.
The impressive sum was raised fundraising by staff from Bassetts’ 17 branches across Northern Ireland through coffee morning events, payroll giving, a Christmas draw, and Christmas Shopping trips. Bassetts also gifted the charity the complete refurbishment of two bathrooms and two WCs at Barnardo’s House in Belfast which provides a safe and comfortable home for up to six primary school-aged children who are in the process of being placed with long-term foster parents.
Commenting on the fundraising efforts, Bassetts MD, Alan Wright, said:
“Barnardo’s Northern Ireland offers an invaluable service to children across Northern Ireland, so we were delighted to be able to help with a year of fundraising activities which have generated over £20,000 for a very worthwhile charity. Staff from across all 17 branches really got behind the important fundraising efforts and this impressive total is the outcome of their hard work.”
- Introducing Terrell Riley, Ulster Tatler’s new monthly Health and Fitness features writer
- Charles Hurst Land Rover ‘Discovers’ New Sporting Talent
- Belfast joins international family of peace and non-violence
- 25 years of National Lottery support for the Arts in NI to be celebrated at Culture Night
- Ladbrokes has been unveiled as the new sponsor of Down Royal’s November Festival of Racing in a three-year partnership.