New strategy unveiled to grow tourism from GB
Great Britain offers considerable potential for Northern Ireland tourism, according to a new strategy launched in Belfast. The strategy has been developed by Tourism Ireland, Tourism Northern Ireland and Fáilte Ireland, in close collaboration with a wide range of industry partners, at home and in GB.
The strategy sets out an ambitious target to grow revenue from GB holidaymakers by +33%, to £116 million, by 2022 – while ensuring continued regional growth and season extension.
GB continues to be a very important market for tourism to Northern Ireland, delivering around 64% of all overseas visitors and around 56% of all overseas tourism revenue. In 2018, we welcomed 1.425 million GB visitors to Northern Ireland. Revenue from GB holidaymakers to Northern Ireland is up +85% since 2012.
Key priorities to ensure success will include:
- identifying and building ongoing relationships with GB holidaymakers;
- tailoring communications more specifically to the needs of the GB holidaymaker;
- creating hub experiences with compelling reasons to venture beyond Belfast and Dublin; and
- further developing appropriate access to, and within, Northern Ireland and the island of Ireland – to support short breaks.
- Canada offers significant potential for Northern Ireland tourism – according to new research
- KIDS GO FREE WITH STENA LINE
- Down Royal Summer Festival of Racing
- Newtownards couple win trip of a lifetime to India in celebration of the Jaipur Literature Festival coming to Northern Ireland next week!
- Powering the Grand Opera House’s Most Ambitious Summer Youth Productions ever!